Expressionist painter, working in oils and acrylics.
- Exhibits and Galleries
- Experience and Accomplishments
Developed technical skills as a painter through training and practical experience.
- As an artist, created a variety of pieces - predominantly expressionist landscapes and still lifes - in pencil, water colors, acrylics, and oils.
- Pieces are represented in private collections in New England, Arizona, France, and Canada
- Member, Boothbay Art Foundation and Kennebec Art Club, both in Maine
- Europe, Japan, American West and Southwest, California, Canada, Nova Scotia, New England, Texas
- Painting sojourns in France and Spain
- Employment History
- Freelance Artist, Bath, ME, 2001 - present
- Museum Shop Manager, Maine Maritime Museum, Bath, ME, 1999 - 2001
- Museum Shop Manager, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA, 1980 - 1998
- Maine College of Art,
Portland; Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA; Art Student League of New York City; and Round Top Center for the
Arts, Damariscotta, ME.
Completed numerous courses in drawing and painting (water colors, acrylics, and oils)
- Universities of California (Berkeley), Mexico, Geneva (Switzerland), and Lyon (France).
Completed extensive coursework in history, liberal arts, and in an interpreter program for French, Spanish, and English languages
- Maine College of Art, Portland; Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA; Art Student League of New York City; and Round Top Center for the Arts, Damariscotta, ME.